Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Keine Worte Konnen beschreiben....

"No words can describe" how I feel about Germany.  I'm on day 4 of 12 (full days) of this trip and I can't put words to it.  Staying with a friend, I have access to the internet.  I got on and thought 'my time is now I can finally blog'.  I just can't describe the experiences in the last few days yet.  I have a notepad in my backpack that already has a full page of rambling notes because I want to blog about it.  Also, it is such a whirlwind that I don't want to forget anything!  I want to savor every moment of this wonderful adventure!

I'm also exhausted so instead I will paraphrase my random thoughts in this particular moment:
  • I have been free all my life.  No communism, no religious persecution, home based war and no real and meaningful limits on my freedom.  I take so much for granted and that's arogance at it's finest.  There's no value in guilt and now would be a great time to let it go!  It's great to be alive and FREE and I will NOT take that for granted any more.
  • Driving 112 mph on the Autobahn ROCKS!!!  I will post pictures and describe this one in detail since it is mega important on the "bucket list" for me!!!  YAY that was sooo much fun!
  • I'm short in Germany.  I'm never short at 5'7 1/2".  I'm not tall but I'm never short.  Even living with Men 6'4" and 6'5" I never feel short.  On a train I was standing a good 2 inches shorter then the woman standing next to me when I realized she couldn't have been more then 15.  Neither a judgement or a regret...simply an odd feeling.
  • Our camera says we only have 1270 pictures left and I'm not sure that's enough.  That says it all....
  • Pickles are phenomenol!!  I didn't even realize that pickles were so German but trust me they are soooo freakin' good here it's indescribable.  I ate a chili pickle yesterday that burned my mouth for 20 minutes.  If you know how much I love spicy food you will know how big that statement is.  So freaking yummy I could SCREAM!
  • I have been wondering how many different ways there are to make Schnitzel.  I would like to spend a year finding out!!!
  • Beer is all good!  I keep drinking a different one that quenches my thirst in a new and different way.
Ok, enough for tonight.  I feel like the luckiest person alive.  The spell check on this computer highlights every word since I'm not writing in German.  Forgive me my errors for the time being.  Guten Abend (Goodnight!)

2 comments:

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

This brings tears to my eyes! I'm SO very happy for you! I can hear the joy, and aliveness in your words. I'm praying that every single day is packed with experiences that take your breath away, and make your skin tingle. I love you! J.

K Baby said...

omgsh momma im soo happy for you! i love you so much!