Thursday, August 4, 2011

Deutchland!

Our Germany trip is finally here!!  It took forever and flew by at the same time.  I have never needed a break from work this badly!  It's been years since I took 2 full weeks off work and this time I get 2 1/2 weeks!!

So far there are no signs of my neurotic pre-travel panic attacks, this is a huge accomplishment!  I used to have these attacks starting about 48 hours before travel that lasted about 48 hours into a trip.  It's really quite embarrassing!  At first I thought it was the fact that we were leaving the kids behind.  I rationalized that it was fear that something would happen to us and leave our kids parentless.  Then it happened even when the kids were with us so I couldn't figure it out. 

In 2009 I had a bad case of it before heading to Copenhagen for work.  My poor workmate that I was travelling with had more than she bargained for!  The symptoms are difficult to describe, sharp pain in my stomach, heart racing, tunnel vision, coming out of my skin feeling and uncontrollable crying.  I feel bad for people I travel with, ha!  I remember one time we were going to Mexico about 12 years ago.  Our town car picked us up and I cried all the way to the airport.  Poor Mark made small talk with the uncomfortable driver who didn't know what to think.  After the Copenhagen trip, I prayed and meditated on it and somehow released it all together.  I discovered that it didn't really matter what was causing it, I needed to let it go!  Progress is WUNDERBAR!

So, here I sit just a few hours before 14 hours of travel to Berlin and I'm calm as a cucumber.  I'm not even fully packed yet!  Man, that says a lot!  I'm so excited for the adventure I'm about to embark on.  I'm beyond grateful for the MOST amazing travel partner!!



Here he is having a little fun with our Euros.  Mark makes me laugh all the time, we crack each other up.  He's the very best friend a girl could have!  I'm sooo blessed!!!


Wir sehen uns bald!  See you soon!

1 comment:

laura said...

Have a GRAND TIME.......specially now that you've let go of whatever that was that was keeping you from enjoying your adventures. Can't wait to see pics when you get back.