Tuesday, December 6, 2011

J&T

Happy 25th Anniversary to my Sister and Brother-in-law!!



It's kind of hard to believe that these two have been married for 25 years!  I want to congratulate them and also take a moment to ponder relationships in general.

T&J are two of my very favorite people!  Their relationship is far from perfect but that's what I love about it.  It reminds me that every couple has their ups and downs, imperfections and even arguments after so long.  There are no perfect couples.  That's reassuring and grounds me in the reality of things.  They are perfect for each other though.  They finish each others sentences, they collaborate on so many things and yet divide the chores in a way that works too.   

I have always been protective of my Sister, in fact probably too much so.  I have to laugh thinking back 26 years or so how difficult it was for me to accept T into her life.  I was suspicious and relentless about it.  Once before they were married, a misunderstanding had me pounding on his door in the middle of the night ready to bash his head in.  I remember breaking a chair and some records before he finally got me to listen to his explanation.  Sorry T, my bad!  ; )

On their wedding day they didn't look anything like this picture above.  They have each grown so much in mental, emotional, spiritual and even physical ways.
Today I celebrate relationships!!  God gives us a partner to learn from, grow with and also to learn to be separate from.  J&T's relationship has touched many many lives and will touch many more.  I'm grateful for them!

Congratulations you guys, enjoy your special day!









1 comment:

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

Thanks for this! We are so blessed! I love how God takes imperfection and makes is something great! I'm Thankful for 25 years of working it out and loving each other through it! I love you Laura!