Thursday, January 20, 2011

laura living aloud

I enjoy reading so many blogs that my friends and family write. I also enjoy writing so here goes! Welcome!

My Sister Jeanne always says "I squeezed the life out of every second..." My massage therapist said last night "I've been living more purposefully". It has me thinking about conscious creations. I believe we create our own reality. Sure, it's about responsibility but it's also about living intentionally. Not letting life happen to me but me really living it and creating what I want!

I'm so blessed to have a wonderful family and so many lovely friends. I have a job I enjoy that allows me to live my life the way I want to. Including enjoying most of my lunch hours in the comfort of my own home. I'm blessed let's face it!

You will tire of me saying the word "balance". I can't help it, it's perhaps the biggest lesson I'm here to learn this lifetime. Early in my adult life as a single parent to my beautiful daughter Kesa I was forced to balance work and life. The clocked ticked louder as the daycare closing time approached. There was no choice, it just was. Those patterns came in handy after Mark and Lafe joined our family (and we joined their's). Work and family balance is great and all but what about the other things. My body....my spirit....God! At 42 I have only begun to fully understand the reality of balance, it's huge!

Today I will just strive for a little more balance. Work is really demanding now so this will be a great challenge. I hear my body asking for some exercise (my resistance to exercise is something that will require it's own posts) I commit to at least go for a power walk today! I challenge you to check your own balance. Call me a skeptic but I think being out of balance is a pretty common predicament.

More later from me, have a great day!

2 comments:

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

Congratulations on your blog! You will love it, I'm sure! It's the truth...being out of balance appears to be at epidemic levels...in my life anyway. I'm looking forward to all that will grace these pages, glimpses into the heart of my my seester! I love you! :) J.

Unknown said...

I have been listening to you talk about balance for several years now, and as is often the case - very slowly - I am starting to see the value. Thanks for that Laura!