Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's a FIRST!!!!

Kesa caught a gorgeous pink salmon this morning!  Not her first, but awesome none the less at around 6lbs.  I netted my very first fish today!!  I don't know how that happened.  I guess I just always fish with strong men around to handle the job.  I had no trouble at all.  My third dip scooped her in and it was PHENOMENAL!  So fun!! 




Then, watching the master fish filleter teach his little sis how to clean it when we got home was amazing!




Some say fishing is a waste of time.  It's a commitment.  If I want to create balance in  my life I have to take off before dawn now and then and go laugh and enjoy a creative adventure with the ones I love!  I must!

P.S.  I'm smoking the fish tomorrow and if I screw this up I would break Kesa's heart.  The only other time I smoked salmon wasn't that great so wish me luck!  I think I figured out what I did wrong.  Crossing fingers....

Cheers!!

1 comment:

laura said...

I bet it will be TASTY, TASTY, TASTY!!! What great fun y'all had! :)