Sunday, July 10, 2011

More Vacation Ramblings

Well it's the last day of my vacation.  This is usually a frustrating, depressing realization.  I can't complain because in just 18 short work days I'll be on vacation again only this time for 2 1/2 weeks.  No, I won't complain!!

I love wrapping vacation around holidays.  I only had 4 days off work but it felt like a lot more.  YAY!  It was a vacation about friends and family, those are the best!  I saw things I've never seen before and done things I've never done.  Last post, I talked about laughter and that was a huge part of this vacation.  I hope I don't stop laughing just because I'm going back to work!

When we got back from our short trip to Leavenworth Hubby had to go back to work.  For one day I hung out with our two good friends and then just one for a few days after that.  I had to swear that if I blogged about this time I wouldn't name names.  We had so much fun!  Some things like Pike Place Market are no brainer tourist activities that I can always enjoy!   We visited Jimi Hendrix's grave site which was different and fascinating.  One morning my friend was talking about seeing the Bothell Chicken and I was confused.  We googled it and then I felt silly.  The chicken stands tall on the highway that I drive on frequently, so often that I had stopped seeing it all together.  I never really checked it out so it was fun!  What a great time!  I don't remember promising not to post pictures so here it is with my friend who shall remain nameless:



As you know, my life is about balance.  This vacation has shifted my balance again.  I feel different then I did before.  The negativity about work has become glaringly obvious and that is something I can change.  My desire to expand my life in a different direction has become glaringly obvious, although what that means is not 100% clear yet. 

Here's my conclusion: When you step out of the normal routine you shift your perspective.  Most times, I shift right back to the day to day grind and routines poor attitude intact.  I'm making a commitment not to slide back into the same old frame of mind.  I'm going to keep some momentum going if it's the last thing I do!!  I'll let you know how it works...

No comments: