Friday, July 1, 2011

TruHealth Follow Up

Yesterday's post was about a store I love with an owner that has been rude to me on a number of occasions:  Here's my money...where's my respect?  I do LOVE this store!  It's well organized, chalked full of great stuff with reasonable prices.  I was fed up with being treated poorly so I vented it.  I went one step further and sent a link to the blog to the store. 

I am thrilled to report I received a very nice e-mail back from the owner.  She apologized and seemed to really take responsibility for being rude.  She seemed to really hear the feedback!!  That's huge!  I won't post the entire message but here's a portion:

"Thank you for all the nice things you said about my store and for being a TruHealth customer.......With knowledge comes responsibility, and being human, I know I am more than lacking in living up to that responsibility........I am working on this topic for myself and I thank you for bringing it to my attention."

As I said, this is not the first time she had been rude to me but for some reason it stuck with me.  I contemplated never shopping there again but that's not what I truly wanted.  Also, my feelings were hurt and I wasn't sure why.  I couldn't let it go.  I meditated long and hard and even asked God "why can't I let this go".  I heard a loud answer back "you are meant to speak out about this".  So I did.  She needed to hear it, I needed to say it.  Maybe you guys needed to hear it too. 

I don't know what to expect next time I go in.  I can't quite imagine we'll hug it out.  It felt good to get this off my chest and I'm relieved in the knowledge that I won't be treated rudely again.  After I posted yesterday I told my husband that he would have to shop there incognito if I got banned for life!  : )  Thank God that didn't happen. 

The message here is two fold:  1.  Speak up!  Say what you see and communicate what you can and cannot tolerate.  Others need to hear it too.  2.  Listen to yourself!  If you're hanging onto something, there might be a reason.  It's all part of TRUE Health!!

THANK YOU TruHealth for being gracious and understanding about this.  Everyone stop by, the store is on the corner of 180th and Bothell-Everett Highway in Bothell.  I promise, you'll go crazy!  Don't miss their delicious selection of chocolate bars!!! YUMMY!

No comments: