Wednesday, May 11, 2011

lauralivingaloud in the lab!!



I GOT TO GO IN THE LAB!!  SOOOOO much fun! 

This blog is NOT affiliated with the company I work for.  Having said that, I will tell you this much:  I'm in Supply Chain Management in the biotech industry.  I've been going to the same business park campus for the last 18 years.  I vowed in year 1 to ALWAYS take advantage of any opportunity to get some lab time!  I try for twice a year.  Most trips are not this gowned up, usually the coat and safety goggles but not the hair net and gloves.  It's a must for many reasons.

It's so amazing in there.  Everything we bought and maintain is in motion.  I get to put the pieces of the puzzle together of what it looks like and how or where they use it.  Which instruments go together, in fact everything seems to be connected.  Fascinating!  The education really makes me more effective at my job.

The room I was in today was a very small room with minimal amount of equipment.  In the way back of the warehouse in a QC sampling room.  My friend Tom and I went to photograph a damaged product for a vendor.  Must be nasty stuff if you gotta dress like that to open the bucket lid to expose the torn bag.  Ha!  That was the best 10 minutes of my whole day!!!  

Another vain aspect that I love about going into the lab is the money.  My eyes go around the room and I recount it in my head.  The balances, HPLC's, those flasks are expensive!  I can even tell you how much the metro racks cost.  LOL  

Great break in my day and a vacation from routine.   Next time, I'll remember to avoid the latex gloves.  HA!


No comments: