Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mission Impossible???

People, I have a mission on my hands!  I must find a comfortable bra!!  I can't bring myself to buy another bra that hurts and doesn't fit well.  I WON'T! 

Largely endowed women have few options in the world.  I gave up on pretty bras a long time ago, I can deal with that.  What I can't deal with is finding something close to comfortable!  After four fittings in the last 6 months, I'm throwing in the towel on every retail lingerie department.  I'm in for over $150 and all I have to show for it is severe chaffing!

Part of this challenge is to accept my body just as it is.  It's imperfect and I guess pretty hard to fit.  One of my breasts is quite a bit larger then the other.  When did this happen?  Sometime around 40, I suppose I didn't really notice until recently.  I'm checking with my Mom and Sisters to find out if I'm the only one.  Perhaps it's hereditary.

I read that 8 out of 10 women are wearing the wrong bra size.  In my fittings I have been put in a 34DD all the way to a 38DDD.  I'm definitely not a 38DDD although the big left one enjoyed the DDD!  HAHA! How frustrating, there's no standard bra out there with two different cup sizes.  I need something custom made just for me.  I hope I can find it.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Barb said...

What retail stores are you being fitted at? It sounds like you are going to the wrong places.

Palindrome said...

I go to Zovo Langerie, never had a better fitting bra. They're really helpful and carry all the bigger sizes. :)

Laura Petersen said...

Barb - Macy's and Nordstrom. Two very trusted names in the lingerie business. Palindrome - I'm on it!

Thanks Girls!

Barb said...

Go to a specialiazed lingerie store... a higher end store and they will size you correctly. Try Belle Fleur in Seattle... they will get you set up!