Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Sky is Falling!!!

Rumor has it that the world will end at 6pm this evening.  The Rapture!  I'm skeptical about it, but I could be wrong.  We're expecting that big earthquake and I think it would be apropos if it came at 5:59 but then the world didn't end.  Ha ha!

What if the world did end today?  It's almost like asking what if you died today?  Those age old questions:  Would you have regrets?  Would you leave unfinished business?  Sure, I would have regrets and unfinished business but who cares?  My regrets are few at this point in my life.  The business can be beautiful even unfinished.  Besides, if I'm dead I won't care about the shape of things I left behind.  Maybe it's happiness we are asking about.  Would you die happy???

Happiness has been on my mind a lot lately.  There's a lot of people out there that are not happy.  A few people that are really close to me have huge burdens in their life and are not happy.  Some are always suffering some anxiety, chaos or drama almost in an effort to avoid happiness.  I've been there but no more!

I'm happier then I have ever been!  Am I delirious?  No, just joyful, grateful and full of love.  I feel comfortable in my own skin.  It took me 40 some years to get here but I'm here.  If the world ends tonight, I'm good!!  I will die happy. 

My happiness seems to be a problem for some.  Sorry Charlie, that's your tough luck.  I'm not going to be sad because you're sad.  I have compassion, love and empathy for you but it's not going to help you feel better if I don't feel good.  I'm happy so deal with it!

I think I'll take my uncomfortable bra off around 5:45 this evening.  Then I will be completely comfy and ready for whatever comes my way.  Just kidding!  I better leave it on in case I have to run....

No comments: