Thursday, June 16, 2011

CRAZY LOVE!

Have you ever loved someone so much it actually hurt?  I mean the kind of love that you would take a bullet for.  The real deal.  I gave birth to one child and I love her so much it hurts.  "Hurts" is difficult to describe because it's not bad pain.  Pain that's not bad?  YES!  In fact it's crystal clear beauty.  That's the only way I can describe it.

Kesa turned 21 on Sunday (Happy Birthday Honey!).  Of course I knew I would celebrate with her but I had no idea the journey that would ensue.  This is the story of the top secret creative project I have been working on for the last few weeks. 

About 2 months ago I found Kesa's baby book while going through some boxes.  Immediately the guilt set in about the fact that only 2 photos graced the pages.  Instantly, the guilt melted away. I was a single mother back then for God's sake and film had to be driven to the store and it was expensive.  No time either.  Then it hit me.....IT'S NOT TOO LATE!  There was no reason I couldn't do it right here and now. 

SO I DID!  In a big way.  First, I must credit the family members that helped.  My parents scanned a large number of baby pictures for me because I can't find those boxes here.  My niece works at the craft store and got me a sweet discount on supplies.  My sister and I shopped and carefully picked out enough embellishments to adorn pages that would span 21 years of Kesa's life.  Approximately 40 or 50 working hours later, I had created the best birthday gift I have ever even dreamed of giving someone.  HUGE thanks to Mom, Dad, Merritt and Jeanne!  Here it is:

This  beautiful album cover was made (back in the 90's) by my Aunt Julie.  Love it!



I added some other items like her ID bracelet, the tag from her hospital crib and the last ultrasound of her just 1 month before she was born.



See the three babies together on the right?  Kesa has two cousins within a month of each other in age.
They are otherwise known as "The Triplets".  





I love the flair with which she opens a gift!  Thank you to Hannah, my photog niece.  I knew I was going to be too emotional to get good shots.  You rock Han!




I can't look at this picture without a pit in my stomach and a lump in my throat.  THIS is the CRAZY LOVE I was telling you about that hurts so good!!



Here's something special about mine and Kesa's history.  See the picture in the top left corner.  This is  us with my sister Jeanne and her daughter Hannah.  We are four peas in a pod.  See below how we look now.  We couldn't resist repeating this photo all grown up.  Man, I love these girls!!!



Scrapbooking was sappy and cornball but I had a BLAST making this album.  Sure, the creativity was fun but that's not the main reason I loved doing this project.  The stroll down memory lane was not the reason I loved it so much either.  I loved it because of my love for Kesa.  I'm CRAZY in love with this girl.  I'm stuffed to the gills with pride and anticipation of what amazing things she will create next.

I LOVE YOU KESA!!

3 comments:

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

So fun! *tears* I love you l!
J.

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW - NICE job Laura. I'm sure Kesa will cherish the book and the memories and the CRAZY LOVE you have for her. I'm sure she feels the same for you! Bergie

Merritt said...

I'm glad I could help Laura! :-) It turned out really cute! I love it! I love you Kesa!! Happy birthday!!!