Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Starting to get very excited!

Summer is so fabulous!  You know I don't mean the weather, just the fun!  I feel like I've been waiting forever for this time to come and now it's moving so fast!  The kids both had their birthdays and it was wonderful!  Now in two short weeks we have Mark's birthday blow out where his long time friends and some new ones come from all over the place to toast Mark (ok, it's more of a roast haha).  This year we're going to celebrate in Leavenworth, WA.  If you are not familiar with this cute little Bavarian town in the mountains, check it out!

In 7 short weeks, our Germany trip finally arrives.  I'm so excited to explore this beautiful country I've never seen before for two whole weeks.  Actually, just having two and 1/2 weeks off work will be glorious!  The group of friends we are meeting in Germany just sent us a link and it turns out we're doing something very special in Berlin.  We will be involved in an attempt to break a world record for the longest beer garden in the world.  This will take place at the Berlin International Beer Festival.  Are you kidding me?  This just gets better and better, I could shriek!

Also, while we're there we are going to memorialize a woman I never met.  She was the Mother of a very good friend.  She was born in Germany and I will be in her home town on what would have been her 90th birthday.  I will be celebrating with several of her children.  This is so special.

Do you know that feeling where you want time to move faster but you don't want it to move too fast?  That's how I'm feeling.  I want to enjoy and savor every minute but I want it RIGHT NOW.  Hahaha That's me, Madam impatience! 

I hope you have wonderful plans for this summer too!

No comments: