Saturday, February 12, 2011

Living Vacation Aloud

Welcome to the vacation version of this blog.  I have the next 10 days off and I need it!  My favorite thing about vacation is not setting an alarm clock!

As stated in my previous post Settling Grievances, I'm celebrating my birthday in style this week!  Most of vacation is a staycation, which I love.  We're also going to the beach for a couple of days.  Not a warm sunny beach but a rainy, cold and stormy Pacific Northwest beach.  The stormier the better!   I have big things planned for the blog on this very special week so I hope you enjoy it.

My birthday is February 16th shared with many celebrities I'm fond of.  John McEnroe, Ice-T, LeVar Burton, Sonny Bono, Patty Andrews, Hugh Beaumont and Edgar Bergen.  I also share my special day with folks I don't know or don't like such as Steffani Brass, Elizabeth Olsen (That's Mary-Kate and Ashley's Sister), Vera-Ellen, Jimmy Wakely and my least favorite Kim Jong-II the Nuke Loving President of North Korea.  Alas, we'll focus on the positive!  Who doesn't love John McEnroe and Sonny Bono (RIP)!!

I want to focus on home this week.  Celebrating my birthday has a special significance to my home.  My gift to myself is organization and renewal.  I'm trying not to take on too much because I need some rest too.  I just need to organize and purge in a bad way!  Too much clutter on top of the daily dirty dishes and laundry makes me crazy.  Time to change my pack rat ways!

Finally, I want to take some time to contemplate spaces.  I have such a passion for decorating a space and purposing it for it's task.  Since the death of our cat, we have to replace all the carpet upstairs and it's a great opportunity for change.  We have two rooms upstairs with big history.  One was once the hang out spot for teenie boppers playing PS2.  Now it's the studio where I enjoy my crafts as well as the ironing center and Martha Stewart wrapping room.  My daughter moved out of her room almost 3 years ago and it has yet to realize it's new potential.  I'm ecstatic having these blank canvas' to play with.  I'm fixin' to have me some fun!  Won't you join me for the ride?

No comments: