Monday, February 14, 2011

Vacation Day 3 - Birthday Bliss

Happy Valentines Day!  Short post today with more about my birthday.  As of this moment, I have been alive for 515 Months, 2,243 Weeks, 15,704 Days or 22,613,044 Minutes.  That's wild. 

Here's some random things that happened in history on February 16th:

1900 American Samoa becomes a US possession
1923 Egypt / King Tutankhamen's burial chamber opened
1937 Nylon was patented
1959 Cuba / Fidel Castro sworn in as Prime Minister
1968 **my birth year** 911 Emergency Services Telephone System inaugurated

On February 16th, 1985 my sister Barb married Scot on my 17th birthday.  It was funny timing since Pretty in Pink had just come out.  A movie about a girl who's sister gets married on her 16th birthday.  I remember milking that day for all it was worth and it was worth a lot.  Everyone went out of their way to compensate for the inconvenience.  I didn't actually mind, in fact I loved it!  I don't have very much in common with my sister and to this day we exchange calls or texts wishing the other well.  It's fun!

I have so much to celebrate!  I'm celebrating an amazing life that I've created over the last 43 years.  I'm so blessed and blissful!

No comments: