Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blended Petersens

We are a mixed up kinda blended family!  In January of 1996 my 5 year old daughter and I moved into a duplex kitty corner from Mark and his 6 year old son.  For a variety of reasons, Mark's divorce and my stubborn independence to name two, we didn't formally meet until June 15th.  Mark and Kesa met and bonded long before that.  It's a very long story but this is the short version.

Two single parents became fast friends and bonded in a support system kind of way.  I'm sure it was only a matter of days til we realized we were in love.  Lafe and Kesa were tight from the minute they met.  We married on August 23rd, 1997 and Mark adopted Kesa on March 23rd, 1998.  Lafe has two Moms.  We are both named Laura and extremely awesome!!

It was not all picnics and smiles trust me.  Blending this family was tough business but that's for another time.  This photo essay is a celebration of the good times, the love and the bonding!  Look at the kids' resemblance, you would never know they are not blood related, it's fascinating!  They are both Geminis (1 year 12 days apart) so their personalities are similar and yet so different.

Lake Chelan, WA the day we got engaged!


Beautiful Wedding!



Adoption day!!  Pardon my ghastliness I was two months into cancer treatment.  Unfortunately, that does not excuse the 80's bangs...



Peas in a pod.







Halloween is our favorite!


Family photos




Our little elves celebrating Christmas



Two Graduations




Snowboarding Exhaustion


Our Adults!!  I can't decide which one of these is my favorite. 





There are no words to describe how much I love this blended phenomenal family!!!! 

2 comments:

Joel and Becca said...

I love it! :D This was so fun to read and I loved looking back at all your pictures! Kes and Lafe really do physically look like they are from the same parents! :D

Laura Petersen said...

Yea its fascinating! Lafe looks just like Mark and Kesa like me! We are so blessed!