Saturday, April 9, 2011

Joy and Pain

Isn't facebook fascinating?  Most days it's silly and nothing earth shattering is posted.  You can almost always find some entertaining videos or hilarious stories.  You will always find impassioned political opinions.  You have to navigate those carefully if you're like me and you have friends in all camps. 

This week, I found numerous dichotomies of joy and pain on facebook.  It was no ordinary week.  My friends were all over the  map!  Some examples:

A lost job
Three new jobs
A baby said her first word
Trips are planned and taken
Anniversaries
75th Birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!)
Brand new car
A lost family heirloom
Home in foreclosure
Downed trees
Break up
New relationship
Car accident
Emergency surgery
Two dead family pets

I was shocked by the range of emotions I was reading about.  I would read a happy post and a sad post.  A celebratory announcement and then a prayer request.  The beauty of facebook is that support system.  Through high highs and low lows and all the in between our facebook friends are there.  It's great that we have a place to go and be ourselves and be supported despite what is happening in our lives.

No comments: