Friday, April 1, 2011

Are you nuts???

Yes!  I am nuts, crazy as a loon, completely weird, dork of all dorks, I am a total freak!

See for yourself:

Me and Lafe celebrating Ace Ventura Hair at the crack of dawn camping in the outback.  LOL!



I shrieked when I saw that I could get IN the blue banana!  I'm still giggling about that one!



I LOVE when a young girl gets a camera in her hand and says "make a funny face".  HA!  Thanks Linnea!


I'm sick and tired of pretending to be normal.  I don't even believe in normal.  Could it be true that every single one of us feels like we have this side to us that no one should see?  Sure, we let our inner circle see and they tease.  The rest of the time we straighten our backs, adjust the hem of our sweaters, clear our throats and act like we know what we're doing.  I LOVE TO LAUGH and the silliest, craziest, most disgusting things make me laugh my ass off.  Lucky for me my husband and kids have similar funny bones.

Recently I was talking to someone and said "we should do something crazy" as a gift to a friend that is having health problems.  I suggested building a small photo album full of crazy pictures.  I was full of ideas.  "oh she and I could pretend like we're fighting and the guys could stand behind us a pretend they're betting." and "He could pretend he was having a baby.."  My friend laughed out loud and said "you make me feel normal, I have thoughts like that all the time".  This blog started building in my head.

What if I post a list of things that I think are fabulously crazy fun and you go "OMG, this chick is weird" and you don't get it at all.   Well, that's a risk.  BUT, what if I post said list and you go "OMG, that's great I'm not the only crazy one"??

Either way, I'll take the plunge.  Here's a short list of things I enjoy immensely:

  • I love to fart when I know it's going to echo!  The bottom of the stairs in my house is the perfect place cause it echos up the stairs and into the pool room with vaulted ceilings. 
  • It totally cracks me up to make a funny face at a child you don't know when you're out in public.  It's even funnier when they cry!
  • I think it's hysterically funny to move things on someones desk, especially when they are super organized.
  • Scaring my cats is the funniest!  Their feet scurry for seconds before finally launching forward.  The sound of their claws on the hardwood is a riot!
  • One of my favorite things is to do strange things in the grocery with my daughter.  I'll walk with a limp or talk in a really weird voice and she turns beat red.  OMG it cracks me up!
  • Don't feel bad for her she loves to moon me and I laugh til I snort every single time!
  • My husband and I can keep a pun going about one word for an entire evening.  The stupider the better!
Alright so there you have it, I'm crazy and I love every minute of it!  I laugh every day and I don't mean once.  I laugh all day!  I'm not going to beat myself up about who I'm supposed to be or how I'm supposed to live.  I'm ME so deal with it!

Happy April Fools Day!

2 comments:

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

I do this thing at work...I have a very obnoxious coworker who features herself to be superior to everyone. So the boss bought all new chairs for the conference room and repurposed one of the old conference room chairs to her. So she goes in and swaps the old one for one of the new ones. Since I get into work before she does I switch it...EVERY DAY! :) It totally makes my day when I see her pushing the old one back into the conference room to swap it again. :)

I love it when you fly your freak flag! HIlarious!
Love you!
J.

Laura Petersen said...

OMG you bad little freak you! I love that! I pictured you coming to blows over it eventually and in my head that was hysterical! Let yer flag fly baby! Love you!