Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Strangled in a past life??

I'm convinced that I was strangled to death in a past life.  I know, weird right?!  I can't stand anything around my neck.  Turtle necks are just not an option cause I'll go crazy.  A scarf is only possible if it's soft and relaxed.  

On my walk home last evening, the wind carried quite a chill.  I zipped my North Face jacket (a Pacific NW must have) all the way up and snapped it around my neck.  Suffocation engulfed me.  I knew it was silly so I stuck my hand in to validate how lose it was.  My whole hand fit with inches to spare.  I turned it sideways and I could easily spread my fingers.  It was plenty loose but it felt like a noose tight around my neck.  I unzipped it out of sheer frustration.  How completely irritating!

Whatever is causing me to feel that way has to stop, I need to let it go.  It's especially stupid when you don't even know what it is. 

I have a healthy fear of dogs but at least I know why.  At 9 or 10 when I was running away from home the neighbor dog got free and bit me and stole my favorite poncho.  Of course the possibility of rabies had to be investigated and everyone was concerned.  Nothing came out of it except lifelong paranoia. 

This is my Granddaughter Bella and me.  Don't get me wrong, she scares the crap out of me too but I've found a way to let it go enough to be madly in love with her! 


These hang ups can be paralyzing.  I would love to hear what yours are.  Do you have fears or phobias that are slowing you down?  Leave a comment below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also have the same issue ! I love the look of turtlenecks but will go nuts if worn . I feel like there is a ring around my neck pushing on it . I would be curious to know myself