Friday, November 4, 2011

Assume Nothing!

Thank God it's Friday!  My week has been very frustrating!  Please allow me to vent for a moment. 

The reaction from my coworkers about the news of my departure has been a mixed bag.  Most begin by asking where I'm going.  The reaction begins when they learn that I have not landed a job somewhere else yet.  Some are legitimately happy for my new adventure.  Some are flat pissed and feel like I'm abandoning them.  The latter is quite surprising to me.  It is arogance at it's finest!

Why arogance?  They are all assuming that this is completely within my control.  It is not.  It's a complicated situation.  Why assume that you know anything about it??? 

On the flip side, what if it were that simple?  Why be rude to me about it?  I was in a restaurant yesterday for a coworkers celebratory lunch with 12 others (who I thought were my friends).  One started in, another jumped in and then others and they ganged up on me saying "you just hate working with us so much you're leaving with no plan"?  My feelings were really hurt.  My emotions are running on high as it is but this was really difficult.  I'm sure they care for me but it stung. 

These people are clueless about my life.  This is a great lesson for all of us.  The way you feel about someone else's life is jaded by misinformation!  Don't jump on someone based on things you think you know.  It's an age old adage, ASSUME NOTHING! 
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

K Baby said...

I love you. and Im soo proud to call you my mother