Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The silence is over.

I'm finally free to speak about all this "CHANGE" I've been hinting to!  My career path has come to a fork in the road.  I'm leaving the position that I've held for almost 2 decades.  I would love to go into detail about the circumstances of my departure but I will refrain.  Just good ass covering, I don't need no legal trouble. 

My experience is one for the books.  I was nearly 25 when I was hired in 1993, my daughter was 3 and I was a solo parent.  We got bought out in 2007 and I was laid off and returned 4 months later to work for the new owners retaining my tenure.  I literally grew up in this company.  Needless to say that I have been working up to this for a while.  It's a tough thing to join the ranks on the unemployment line in this economy.  I trust my instincts and I'm a woman of great faith.  

The timing works out nicely since my kids are grown.  Of course, I have the most supportive husband on the planet (sorry to you other guys).  I feel incredibly liberated.  Not only liberated from a job I haven't felt passion for in quite some time, but also just plain free to do what I want.  I will miss collaborating with some of the most wonderful coworkers.  Some sour pusses that annoy me will not be missed.

Please join me on this journey.  Changing careers in ones 40s is bound to be a ride.  The biggest opportunity for me is to let go of fear and take this leap of faith.  Into the future I go, creating what I want in this chapter of my life.  Bon Voyage!

2 comments:

laura said...

I admire your courage, Laura, and I HONOR your journey! Giddy-UP! ;)

Joel and Becca said...

I am jealous! I wish I felt the same sense of courage about just living my life and doing what I want! ;) I think that is SO AWESOME what you are doing and I really do admire and respect that about you! Way to just live life! You inspire me! ;) Love you!