Monday, November 28, 2011

First Day

This is the first work day of my unemployed journey.  I'm sitting in our home office in my brand new office chair.  That's a good start! 

I'm going to take some time this month to investigate several different avenues for a future.  It's an exciting time for me.  I'm also going to do some things just for me.  I know, selfish right?  Sometimes you have to be. 

It feels like I should get dressed and head to the office.  That will take some getting used to.  My plan is to get dressed every morning and begin working in my home office at a normal hour. 

I got signed up for unemployment and this is my waiting week.  I'm going to call and see if I can start to use the Work Source resources during the wait.  I think I can but we'll see.  I'm not even sure what they offer but again, it's an opportunity to think outside the box.  That's all I want right now.

I had a wonderful quiet weekend and I feel ready for the day.  A vendor that I have worked with the past 19 years is taking me to lunch today to celebrate our time together.  It is a very fancy restaurant so I'm very excited! 

I hope you enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

How exciting! :) Enjoy every second of your new routine, and have fun at lunch! Love you!

Marc Thornberry said...

Very exciting for you Laura....I am afraid that I don't know all of the reasoning behind your new routine or whether the home office will always be your "work" office in the future but it definitely sounds like a new adventure that you are more than ready to take. Have a great "new" beginning!

Marc

Laury said...

Miss you!