Saturday, November 19, 2011

T-Minus 4 Days

Saturday!  I spent the morning organizing my desk in our home office.  A long way to go but much improved.  My intention is to do a lot of work in there and not do the regular 8-5 go to the office. 

Also I went through my closet and drawers and purged 3 garbage bags full of stuff I don't or shouldn't wear.  My daughter will likely reap the benefits of my "skinny clothes".  The job I'm leaving is uber low key on the dress code so it's time for me to step it up.  The result of my inventory was satisfactory.  I need to supplement what I have a bit, but I do have a good foundation.

I'm letting go of high heels for good. I just purchased two pair of sensible dress shoes.  All the dress pants are getting hemmed.  A couple of other pieces being altered and I should be good to go. 

Enough about clothes, I apologize.  I have decided to pursue a business license and strike out on my own to earn money.  My talents are in problem solving, process improvement and other professional services like contract negotiation and technical writing.  The creative juices are flowing!  I need a name.  I need a business plan.  Well, let me finish the last 3 days at work and we'll go from there.

Funny story at my expense:  I said something a bit snotty to my Husband this morning, jokingly but snotty.  He said "I thought you said you were letting go of the fight"  Busted, I laughed and said "only at work!"  My bad. 





No comments: