Thursday, March 10, 2011

I want more...Day 4

TIME!  There, I said it.  Jeanne posted a comment about it yesterday and it's out there now.  I want more time!!  I know, I know there's a finite amount of it.  I have been flirting with the notion since day 1 of this challenge but only scratched the surface with the time spent outdoors post.

Can more time be created?  Let's explore that.  The thing about time is that if you want more of it you must borrow from another area right?  If I slept less, I could read more.  If I spent less time commuting I would have more time to spend with my family.  Lord, how I would love to work less!  I can't think of a way to make that happen, although it's worth trying! 

Is it about prioritization?  What's important to you is what you spend your time on?  What's demanded of you is where you put your attention?  The idea of mapping out every moment of time is so difficult and fraught with pitfalls.  If you take an unexpected call from a friend for one hour what do you do when you hang up?  You missed your allotted time for paying bills and now you have to get out your map and reorganize the whole thing?  Or you could just not pay your bills.  Oh wait, that won't work.  Besides, you can't spend your entire life reorganizing your map.

Maybe I'm taking this too literally and it's more simple.  Each day we have 24 hours.  We can awake each day and make choices about how we spend it.  I guess there can be more time!

Today I want more...
  • Sleep!
  • Comfortable places to put my body - A new desk chair is in order at home and at work
  • Time to meditate
Let's hear how you finish this sentence:  I want more...

No comments: