Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I want more...Day 9

Do you have purpose?  Are you living purposefully?  That's what my life is about and I can answer yes!  I want more of that! 

I don't know if I can see the whole grand purpose of my life right now but I know it has to with helping people.  That purpose manifests itself in a variety of ways.  Often I land in a situation where people are stuck and need someone who can step forward and clear the B.S.  I'm not afraid of confrontation or getting into the middle of something mid-stream.  It can be stressful but also a great experience. 

Handling logistics and arranging details is something I'm good at that is so much fun!  Add in the fact that I'm a Mom and it's like dynamite!  My spiritual community is my playground.  I routinely cook brunch for 40-50 people without breaking a sweat.  Coordinating events is particularly fun!  I receive so much from the community that this is my way to balance by giving back.

I love when opportunities to help come up organically.  I have a friend going through a rough time.  Lord, how I would love to take away his burden!!  Of course, I can't and it seems that there's nothing I can do to help.  I meditated and prayed about it and realized that just by being a grounded person in my friends corner, I am helping!  It's amazing how all I have to do is be on my path of self healing and that can help someone else.

Just yesterday I had a rough time.  Sure, it was a ridiculously petty tummy ache whining about the rain thing.  But my friends reached out.  They made me laugh and just let me know they were there.  It turned my day around.  It wasn't the best day but it was far from the worst and it really did help!


Today, I want more...
  • Purpose
  • Faith
  • Balance

No comments: