Friday, March 25, 2011

The Dark Side

I discovered something interesting about the blogosphere.  The audience seems to like it more when it's less polished, pleasant and politically correct.  Two of my most popular posts are The Freak Show and I'M PISSED! These posts came screaming out of my fingers fast and furiously without much editing.  Their subject matter is a bit more unsavory then some of my other pieces.  Hmmmm.....interesting.

My friend and I had lunch the day I wrote I'M PISSED and I asked her about it.  She said "well it's shocking, you are usually so nice on there".  Ok, so if I wasn't nice at all, if all my posts were unsavory would you prefer it?   Nonetheless, I love that I can capture the nice and the dark shitty side of life.  I guess that's blogging balance. 

Meanwhile, it's Friday (Thank God)!  I'm trying to stay positive.  I never blow sunshine up my ass and pretend I'm happy when I'm not.  I have to keep it real.  I was sucked into the dark side this week with some negativity I didn't see coming.  Mean People Suck!  When they start messing with me, my family, my friends or my livelihood I get furious.  To them I say KISS MY ASS!

I'm attempting to let this negativity go and move back to neutral if for no other reason then to maintain my sanity.  Self respecting, grounded, loving people might be the antidote for mean people.  At least I hope so.

And hey, if y'all want more of the dark side of life, I'll gladly oblige!

No comments: