Monday, March 14, 2011

I want more...Day 8

Today may be a difficult day for me.  First, it has been pouring down rain for days.  This is more rain than even the natives are used to.  Second, I caught a bit of a stomach bug over the weekend so I'm not 100%.  I got my car back from the body shop on Friday (she looks amazing).  Tough decision to walk to the bus in the pouring rain or jump in the car and drive in this morning.  I'm torn.

It's tempting to get back in bed when I feel this way.  I want to hide under the covers and watch movies all day.  I try to stay positive in this blog but as you can see, I'm not able this morning.  Besides, this blog is definitely not about bullshit, it's about being real.  Please allow me to be a bit low today.  Negativity could get the best of me but I feel more like I'm treading right on the line.  Under the heading of validating exactly where I'm at in this moment I'm gonna give it a 4.  Bleck!

On a lighter note, I got almost nothing done yesterday because I wasn't feeling well.  This is a great opportunity to forgive myself.  Who wants to run around cleaning and organizing when your tummy hurts?  If only I could forgive myself for the smaller transgressions as easily as I can the really obvious things.  Haha!

I hope you have a great day and I hope I survive mine.

Today, I want more...
  • Forgiveness
  • Slow pace
  • Jokes, please people I need a laugh : )

4 comments:

laura said...

Being HUMAN is not only allowed......it's encouraged. Remember feeling low has its OTHER side. Now for the joke:

Three buddies die in a car crash, and they go to heaven to an orientation.

They are all asked, "When you are in your casket and friends and family are mourning upon you, what would you like to hear them say about you? The first guy says, "I would like to hear them say that I was a great doctor of my time, and a great family man."

The second guy says, "I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and school teacher which made a huge difference in our children of tomorrow."

The last guy replies, "I would like to hear them say, "Look! He's moving!"

Laura Petersen said...

OMG that's hysterical!! Thank you Laura! XOXOXOXOXO

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

llp: I hope you chose the car...you deserve a restful, dry ride to work. I love you feel better.

laura: TOO funny! :)
J.

Laura Petersen said...

Yes, I chose the car! Thanks Jeanne! Love you too!