Friday, March 11, 2011

I want more...Day 5

Happy Friday everyone!  We've reached the half way point on this challenge.  How do you feel?  Are you adjusting your life to create a little more of what you want and less of what you don't want? 

To celebrate Friday, let's do something totally outrageous and unheard of:

VALIDATE OURSELVES!!! 

So often, we seek validation outside of ourselves.  Don't get me wrong what a blessing it is to be given an achievement award, promotion or pat on the back to validate a job well done.  This type of validation is not really what I'm talking about.

The definition of validation is "to make valid".  Validation is not positive or negative it just IS.  To validate, one must only see and accept things as they are.  Let's say you validate your car (come on humor me).  It would sound like:  'My car is green, it drives smoothly, gets good gas mileage, it has scratches on it and a bad coffee stain on the carpet.'  It's the whole package, the good, the bad and the neutral.  It just IS what it IS! 

What does it sound like to validate yourself?  No, I'm not asking you to put it out there publicly.  I'm asking you to take a few minutes today and validate yourself.  Validate exactly where you are in that moment.  There's no limit to how much you can validate yourself so go crazy, you can validate yourself anytime anywhere! 

Today, I want more....
  • Validation! 
  • Self Love - I want to love myself more each day.
  • Courage - To prepare me to deal with things that feel larger then  me. 

1 comment:

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

Today, I want more:
*Freedom to hold, smell, love on, play with, and hug my grandaughter.